Write a ‘How to’ post teaching everyone … well, how to do something! Cooking, crafting, or anything else that takes your fancy.
Realising today’s prompt is about writing a ‘how to’ at 7:15pm is not really the best! I’ve had a quick flip through my photos and decided I’ll share a recipe.
This is a quick and easy dish that makes a great weeknight dinner. Serve them on their own, or with rice and salad. The best part about this recipe is that it’s pretty hard to go wrong. You can use whatever you like for the filling. We use enoki mushrooms and veggies.
Spring roll wrappers (we buy ours from the supermarket frozen section)
2 carrot, grated
2 spring onions, diced
1/4 of a small red cabbage, shredded
1 packet of enoki mushrooms
Rice wine vinegar
Spray oil or oil for brushing.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200’C
2. In a wok, fry the cabbage, spring onions, and carrot in a couple of teaspoons of soy sauce, and one teaspoon of rice wine vinegar until soft.
3. Add the enoki mushrooms and cook until wilted.
4. Layout the spring roll wrappers. Place mixture into the centre of wrappers then quickly fold the edges in, rol them up, and place on a baking tray. You need to work fast as the hot mixture may cause holes in your wrappers. If you do get holes, just place them up on the tray.
5. Spray or brush the spring rolls with oil, then bake in the oven until they are brown and crisp. (length of time will depend on your oven, but they roughly take 10 minutes.)
6. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Measurements are approximate, you might have left over filling. Feel free to experiment and add whatever fillings you like.