Today we’re going to make a doily garland. It’s essentially a string of doily’s and paper circles sewn together.
1 packet of paper doilys. My garland used 32 (plus one extra for your circle template)
Christmas themed paper
circle template – cut the centre circle from your spare doily.
sewing machine, thread
1. Using your circle template (the centre of the doily), trace out circles onto your Christmas paper.
2. Cut out the circles.
3. Once you’ve cut out the circles, stack them in the order you want them to be in for the garland.
4. Take your first doily and place a paper circle over the centre holding in place with your fingers. You’ll need to be mindful of the pattern on the paper- if it only has one way ‘up’ make sure you consistently face the circles the way you want them to hang- not in the direction you are sewing.
5. Start sewing and feed the doily and circle into the machine, sewing roughly along the halfway mark.
6. When you reach the edge of the first doily keep sewing! Once you’ve sewn a presser foot of length, feed the next doily and paper centre through. Keep going!
7. When you’ve sewn all doily’s leave long tails at the end to hang.
Hang and enjoy!