Happy New Year!
Yesterday I offered a sneak peek of the sundress I made for last night; here’s the details!
I used Heather Ross’ Mendocino Sundress pattern as the base with the following alterations:
- I considerably shortened the dress to go from awkward below the knee length to above the knee
- Straps added
- Cut the main pattern pieces in half to use two different prints
- Shirred the back only. For the front I sewed stretched elastic along the top and under the bust which is more flattering on my figure.
- Omitted the pockets
The fabrics are from Sandi Henderson’s Meadowsweet collection. I purchased them ages ago to make a skirt, but I’m happier that they became a dress!
Other things to observe in the photo:
- no feet, Col cut them out of the photo
- Baby bump! It’s definitely beginning to show now
- If you look closely you can see our 12 week ultrasound in the background.