2012 Creative Goals
I’ve split my goals up this year into categories. If you’d like to read all my goals for the year visit My Renvironment.
- Set up my Red Wren shop. This one has gone on for far too long. It’s not like I’m trying to set up a business to pay the bills, just a little hobby shop so what is stopping me? I suspect there’s some underlying issues tied to this and by setting it up I’ll be one step closer to overcoming them.
- Use my stash! This year I will be mindful about what I already have when buying more fabric/ribbon/zippers etc. I have a large stash of projects waiting to be made and completing these projects will be far more rewarding than buying more things.
- A project a week. This will be quite challenging given Elijah is at the age where he needs (and quite rightly deserves) a lot of attention. I want to put it out there though because I’m not the only crafter with a baby and it will make me more mindful of how I spend my time.
- Stop worrying about what other people are making. This is a major cause of my unfinished projects. I’ll decide I want to make ‘x’, then so and so will make ‘x’ and because I don’t want to look like a copycat I abandon that project even though I was already making it! As discussed on a previous post; I must stop thinking like this. The only purpose it serves is to prevent me from doing anything.
- Become more proficient with my hobbies; learn new sewing techniques, embroidery, crochet and knitting stitches. Pick up drawing again. I’ve stagnated a lot with my skills.
Let’s see how these progress!