Look what we had for dinner!
The thing I love about fritatta is that you can pretty much do anything at all with it and it will turn out yummy.
Tonight I tried my hand at creating a fritatta with a polenta base. I love polenta so it seemed like a good idea…and it was!
If you’d like to have a go at your own ‘sort-of fritatta’ – here’s is the ‘sort-of’ recipe
Ren’s Sort-of Frittata
1/2 cup polenta
1/2 cup cream
2 tablespoons ricotta
assorted veggies (I used spring onion, asparagus, tomato and zucchini)
ham if you feel so inclined
1. Pre-heat oven to 160’C
2. Boil polenta per packet instructions
3. Spread polenta onto the base of the cake tin or pie dish
4. Bake polenta until it’s dried out a bit and has a crust
5. Beat eggs, ricotta and cream together. Season. Stir in ham and all veggies except tomatoes and asparagus
6. Pour mixture over base, lay asparagus throughout the dish, top with tomato pieces
7. Bake until golden and cooked right through.