I almost forgot to take a shot of tonight’s dinner – luckily I remembered before it was completely devoured.
Ren’s make-it-up-as-you-go Potato Bake
3-4 large potatoes, sliced
1 brown onion, sliced
Chunk of left over Christmas ham, diced. (or any ham!)
Bunch of chives, chopped
I clove freshly pressed garlic
1 tea spoon of stock powder
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup parmasen cheese
1/2 cup tasty cheese
pepper to taste
Pre-heated oven ~180’C
1. Saute onions in a frying pan until soft, add chives, ham and garlic, stir and put aside.
2. Combine eggs with milk, stock powder, cream, Parmesan and pepper, set aside
3. In a oven proof dish, layer 1/3 of the potatoes, 1/3 of the onion mix and 1/3 of the egg mix. Repeat until you have three layers of each.
4. Pour water over the mix until the level of liquid meets the top potato layer.
5. Sprinkle cheese over, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
6. Uncover and continue baking until the cheese is brown.